Tuesday 14 January 2014

Adapting


I can no longer pretend that motor neuron disease is not having an effect on my crafting, this week I have had a serious falling out with my sewing machine. Paper seems the way to go, it has more rigidity than fabric for free motion work.
These fabulous Kimono silks were a pressie from my good friend Jean, I wanted to do something that reflected the Japanese style of mixing pattern. Not all of this piece will be used, I will select areas to put in a frame that has three apertures.


I treated myself to some Inktense blocks on my last visit to Artvango, finally got round to playing with them.


They are as vibrant as the pencils and are good for sketching as they cover the paper quickly.


I'm using cotton rag paper which is easy to machine on. Didn't have the energy to set up a still life so I used the plastic bottles on my work table as a subject.
I also have a 'raggy' on the go, lovely and soft to stitch into for those moments when only stitch will comfort me.



10 comments:

  1. So sorry, I had a brother in law with motor neuron. Keep up your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see you in this space again. Your paper work looks like such fun and the little 'raggy' looks delightful. Beautiful colours. The creative process can be so rewarding. Been missing you...consider yourself hugged across the miles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of your raggy, makes me want to stroke it and play. I'm glad you're finding ways to enjoy your creativity. Several people work with paper and stitch so you will find inspiration as well as experimenting yourself. It was lovely to see you at Art Van Go :-) xx I'm impressed with your sketch too, I find sketching really hard but yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you here again. I've missed you and your lovely work and your willingness to experiment. The raggy is so vibrant and I love the inktense block sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your chain links, they look great.
    Im guessing there may be odd days where things around you don't behave themselves so a good idea to move onto something else!
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya, like the Japanese fabric chain links very much, but the raggy oooh, gorgeous, love it love it, looks scrumptious.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the raggy! You inspired me to make my own a couple of years ago, and I am still enjoying it!
    Keep crafting sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is it all going? Do keep on blogging!! Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see that you are adapting to the way of working that suits you best. The raggy is lovely.

    ReplyDelete