Wednesday 14 December 2011

Looking Back



It's interesting to look back at the things that I have  been involved with this year. As per usual I have shown little self discipline and allowed myself to pursue whatever takes my fancy, from quilt making to bookmaking, drawing, embroidery, collage, crochet and dozens of other things I've already forgotten. Oh well - a lot of fun was had on the way and it all percolates away in my head and informs each subsequent piece of work.




I have also worked on a couple of large projects for a couple of exhibitions next year, I won't show any images of these pieces until the exhibitions are over but the interesting thing about them is that they are almost devoid of colour. Given that I am known amongst my peers for quite vibrant colour combinations I think they will be quite surprised by my sudden show of restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment