Sunday 23 February 2014

This and That



First of all I want to thank everyone for their lovely comments on my last post and to explain why I have not replied individually as I normally do. Typing is getting a more and more lengthy task as my fingers are losing  feeling, so I thought I would use my time to craft rather than type. Please keep the comments coming, they mean a lot to me.
I have done another screen from the Gocco machine,  another Iris and been playing in my sketchbook with stencils. I'm looking at those iris on the screen and thinking how they would make a circular design, oh well that's something to try when Paula comes tomorrow.



I've been using my inktense blocks to draw imaginary still lifes, I'd like to add some stitch to this if I can.


More pages in my sketchbook using gelato and art stick pens and finally something finished!
My good friend Bev (who teaches C &G) at Beecrafty amongst other places said two or three weeks ago that she would finish this piece off for me by backing it. The amazing thing was in the fortnight or so she had it I'd forgotten all about it, so it was a lovely surprise when she brought it round with a very professional looking binding. Thanks Bev.



8 comments:

  1. And how lovely it is - as is that page from your sketchbook with the gelato and art stick pens ... some great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great art work, yup save your fingers for that gal lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Pamela - get a secretary and dictate your blog ( ha- ha ). Glad your feeling creative! No worries about replying. Phuket create, create, create! And I love that still life!! It's the plastic bottle!!! That is a wonderful plastic bottle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely work... and absolutely no need to reply. I'm just happy that you are able to still use your energy to make art. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. those gelato pens look rather yummy, must try some, lovely stuff pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of a gocco machine (hello google!!), what fun!! Love the still life and the sketchbook with your usual gorgeous colours. And how sweet of your dear friend Bev! I hope this is hung where you can admire it often. Take good care and definitely save your fingers for the fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Bev finished your hanging off, it's fabulous! I love the sketchbook work you have been doing, those pens and art sticks are wonderfully rich. Replies are unnecessary. Just enjoy your art and we'll picture you doing just that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely finish.

    Save your energy for your art. Replies are not needed, we'll just keep stopping by.

    ReplyDelete