I can't tell you how pleased I am to have finished this piece of work . I was never going to give up on it but what a challenge I'd set myself. Never attempt to sew through canvas!
I also finished this little sample I made in June. I spent along time on bedding this piece into the canvas - I hate that 'plonked on' look so I moulded the edges flat with matte gel medium. I use this product all the time - a brilliant invention. I finished the background off with a little metallic rub in a dark rose colour and that's when I looked at my fingers, the rub had highlighted all the little needle prick marks from embroidering that darn quilt!.
The delicate hands of an embroiderer - not!!