Thursday 29 August 2013

Head Down and Working


Sadly I have had to cancel my coming trip to Ullapool, I will be in the middle of hospital appointments and Scotland is a long way to travel back and forth. I was momentarily down, but as I'm still in finishing mode  the John Clare piece has had an invisible repair (where I accidentally cut it) and another layer of herbs. I can't get it to photograph well so I've done a reverse colour to show off the layers. I will put it over a frame under tension so that it looks like a canvas and then decide if it needs a backing.


What discipline it took not to break into colour and also not to stitch it within an inch of it's life. Looks very sparse to me but that is what I set out to do.
My craving for colour has been satisfied by finishing off my little quartet.


I'm now able to work on a large piece I have on the go, lots and lots of stitching to do. I will save this one for The John Clare exhibition. A girl really can't reveal everything at once.



3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work, the black and white and the colored pieces. I love them all. I too find it hard not to add colour to my work, I have to put it away quickly and walk away. I hope your health issues get sorted out quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you had to cancel due to health ... wishing you the best !
    Love, love, love the black & white ... just beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pieces you are producing lately!!! Just beautiful. (well, I actually love all your work, but this particular set of works speaks to me quite directly.) Take good care of you, sending you lots of healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete