Wednesday 28 November 2012

A Winter Walk Along the Loch

 

 
Looking down the loch from our bedroom window this view called us out to play quite early this morning. John and I got ourselves bundled up against the elements and decided to head out the point at Rhue. It was bitingly cold at first but as the sun came over the mountain the exercise soon warmed us up.

This old wreck looks like a rotted whale carcass from a distance and always marks the point of decision on this walk, to go on or head back to the warmth of West House. Today we carried on.
 

By the time we got to the second wreck we could see veils of snow falling on the mountains and decided to head for home.
 

There is something wrong with this picture..... only one black lab. Sadly Tarka the old lab. died last week at a grand old age. She died mid walk along these shores. I can't think of a better way to go, she is greatly missed by many. However the younger dog kept our spirits up with his antics on the walk back. When I read that Gina's beloved Barley died yesterday I realised that that was the fifth labrador of my acquaintance that had died in the past fortnight. A big hug for all those that are missing their companion.
 
 
A little crafting is taking place, I'm working on my Indian themed altered book. My phrase for this piece hasn't come into my brain yet so I'm not sure where it is going for the moment, no doubt inspiration will arrive in due course. 
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I want that walk! What a fabulous place. I love Scotland and often wish that life would allow me to live there, but sadly not!

    Is it your home or just a place you visit?

    And so sad to hear about your loss, but, blimey, if I was a dog I could not think of a better way to go than that.

    ReplyDelete