Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Bit Surreal


This piece started out as - field/meadow/grasses/ ox-eye daisies, it's all gone a bit bizarre. It still has all the elements, well, perhaps not the daisies but it was fun to do and I'm not working to a brief so a bit of play was allowed.


I added some layers of sheers to the background and over stitched again so that there are several layers of complexity to feast my eyes on. I tried my daisy idea but it looked too sweet, so out came the foils and alcohol inks and a couple of hours later I was ready to place a mount on top to see what I had made. Now I have taken a photo I can see that in one or two  areas the sheers need burning back a bit more, but I shall declare it more or less done before I ruin it completely. Not a masterpiece, but given the weather outside, an enjoyable day in the workroom.

3 comments:

  1. Its smashing! That background works so well and allows the lush foreground to look almost 3D. Must try that background technique lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're too hard on yourself. It looks good to me. Interesting technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - really vibrant colour and I can sense the texture...

    ReplyDelete