Saturday 19 October 2013

Process Day 6 Completion




I finished Harvest Moon yesterday and by teatime it was up on my bedroom wall. I completed it  by giving it the curtain treatment, loose lining and a flat dowel in a channel along the top. It has the drape and weight I wanted it to have.

The finished piece.

The bedroom is the only ship free room in the house (my husband makes incredibly large model sailing ships among other things) so I have some pieces of my work on show in here. As we overlook fields and countryside my John Clare piece seems appropriate.





Including this blast from the past, a knitted wire, rubber and organza lampshade I made for my A level textiles some twelve years ago.


So  - a large piece of work completed in six days. I really recommend process sharing, it has motivated and organised my efforts. I was feeling a bit dithery about what to do next before I started this, but one thing has lead to another, as it often does and I'm envisaging my next project already. However before then I need to make some little 'pretties'.


7 comments:

  1. It is stunning Pam. You should be really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And watching your process has been fascinating. SVMT for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Pam !
    I would love to lay down for an afternoon nap and be coaxed into a very peaceful sleep by gazing on this beautiful piece !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!!! What a stunning piece! And thank you so much for taking us along the journey of its making. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely it looks, a recipe for sweet dreams. Glad to hear that it's also moved you on to the next piece of work too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing piece of work Pam, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete