I've missed a Guild meeting or two lately and one I really wanted to attend was Alysn Midgelow Marsden's Tarnished Stitches workshop. However my good friend Biddy bought me the kit round with written instructions on how to use it.
My first sample turned out ok so I thought I would try something a little more ambitious
I used an old stitched sample piece and added lots of tacky lace, beads, buttons and little stitched elements and then burned the edges.
This is it 30 mins after I used the metallic paint and ageing solution, it takes several hours to develop completely. I will stitch and paint into it again tomorrow (and may be a bit more burning) and use it for a book cover. This is a real playful piece of work, just what I needed today.