Sunday 27 October 2013

A Little Domestic Stitching


I have been busy making cosy cushions, my summer ones were looking a bit tired and I want to make the house look it's best for the Christmas celebrations. I have a huge stash of tweed and cashmere remnants that were just ideal for what I had in mind. Another two to go and that will be it.


I've used running stitch to put a wintry word on the front of each one.



I will put 'family' and 'friends' on the last two.

On Friday, husband and I had a day out in Grantham, we went to see the E.G. exhibitions at the Museum. Very enjoyable, I even sat and embroidered a little motif on the world's largest embroidery which is taking it's turn in Grantham. We also popped into Stitchcraft - what a lovely shop, venue for classes and a delightful cafe on site.
I shall be taking a little break from blogging for a week or so. I have a few medical appointments to get through and a class with Steph Redfern at Bramblepatch to look forward to. Be back soon.  




























  


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your report on the class with Steph. Enjoy - and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - and how good to stitch something useful .. I so really do.
    Good luck too with the medical appointments. Good thoughts go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cushions. Enjoy your class with Steph Redfern and hope all goes well on the medical side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cushions and the stitched lettering is a great touch. Enjoy your class with Steph.

    ReplyDelete