Friday 11 January 2013

A Working Day


I'm so happy to finally complete something, a full eight hours in the workroom has enabled me to put this altered book into the finished box at last. 
I have used procion dyes, inkpads, Inktense pencils, gel pens, my homemade leaf stamp, hand painted papers, machine stitch and my latest toy - the Cricut cutter to layer up those lacy looking frames.


The altered book page was inspired by an old Chinese saying - 'If you keep a tree in your heart, a songbird may come'.  That idea just resonates with me at the moment, particularly at this low ebb of the year when the light levels play havoc with my mood and general well being.

My reactionary brain is now insisting I do a totally monochromatic book next, I am visualising lots of  textured whites, matte against pearl, with maybe a little antique gold, pleats and folds, cathedral window patchwork, a little stump-work bee - 'Elizabethan England' - that's it, next project sorted! 

3 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous Pam. Keep your spirits up... it's getting lighter every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colours here and gosh yes.........grey, grey days and they do colour many of our moods. Least if we get snow.......the days will seem brighter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have Cricut Cutter Envy!

    I love this - stunning, stunning!

    ReplyDelete