Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Surface Details

I've continued with my mark-making exercises/play for the past two days. I soon came to the conclusion that   mounting them on a board was going to give me storage problems at the rate at which I was turning them out. I decided to put them in a plain journal. I couldn't find one the right size in my stash so that meant making a simple binder. It looked so plain that I ended up making a cover and adding a little piece of driftwood.

These are some of the pages I have used, the good thing about this simple binding is that I can keep adding pages as I produce them.
The book is not an end in itself but helps inform ongoing work and provides inspiration for further projects.   It's also a lovely, messy, creative way to spend a couple of  days in the workroom.  


  1. I love these. It would be great if you could post the entire process step by step so that we see how you build up the papers.

  2. What a great binder! But the contents look amazing